Dear EMEAT users,
I am pleased to introduce our latest feature, Blogs.
Our main goal for our Blogs is, through the participation of industry practitioners and academics, to address the biggest questions and challenges the meat industry is facing, both in the U.S. and globally.
For now, we have decided to focus our Blogs along the following topics:
- Global supply and demand
- What will consumption, production, imports and exports look like in 10 or 20 years, both globally and at the country level?
- Who will be the main players, and are new kinds of players likely to emerge?
- Sustainable meat
- What regulations are most likely to be put in place to reduce the emissions of carbon and other greenhouse gases by the different actors in the meat supply chain?
- What are the most promising practices and technologies that can help industry participants cut their greenhouse gas emissions?
- Alternative meat
- What are the current and expected economics once economies of scale are reached?
- What is the level of acceptance by consumers?
- Packaging innovation and cold chain technologies
- What are some of the innovations brewing that will help us dramatically improve product safety and shelf life?
- Cooking innovation
- What are currently the most promising cooking methods and technologies for meat processing facilities, foodservice operators, and households?
Please let us know if there are any additional topics you would like us to include.
I look forward to delivering valuable insights to you.
Simon Stopol – Founder